How to Light up your New Years Eve Party
After the hustle and bustle of Christmas it's not long before more festive duties arrive. Blink and you'll miss them few days between Christmas and New Year. If you're hosting your own party here's some tips and our New Years Eve Party Lighting look book to make sure it's a party to remember.
For this week's look book we pulled together a collection of dazzling products to give your home that shimmer and sparkle.
For a glitz and glam New Years Eve bash, a palette of golds, chrome sequins and black finishes are ideal. This look will give your party a sophisticated feel whilst the sequins and sparkly additions will add to the party element.
Whilst it's best to have the main party room dimly lit, a statement ceiling light will give your room that focal point whether it's lit or not. Our Wine and Champagne Flute Collection is the epitome of party. This unique range takes inspiration from the stunning champagne towers you see at classy dinner parties and swanky restaurants. This collection is available in 2 sizes, three finishes (silver, black or white) and with the option of champagne flutes or classic wine glasses. When lit, light bounces off each individual glass to create a sparkling array of light. This collection is not for the faint hearted and will need regular cleaning. Don't forget to place your best set of champagne and wine glasses on a side table with a few bottles of fizz ready for the New Year countdown.
Alternatively add a traditional crystal chandelier. The crystal droplets will give that same shimmering effect but with a more traditional look. Check out our Marie Therese and Madonna ranges to get this look.
Positioning table lamps around the room will highlight forgotten areas and give the illusion of more space. Our new Carly Table Lamp with Flocked Damask Shade is perfect for a hint of illumination, featuring a classic flocked damask pattern shade in a neutral mocha finish on a sleek chrome base.
Adding texture and layering such as sequins, glitter and feathers will give your party space a fun and frivolous edge. Scatter sequins, faux diamonds and confetti over tables for a glistening effect and wrap tinsel, feather boas and party ribbon around banisters and balustrades. Our Sequin Cushions will add that glistening edge, scatter these around seated areas, position on dining chairs or place on a rug around a low coffee table for little ones to cuddle up to.
Our trusty White Feather Boa String Light has to make an appearance too when it comes to New Years Eve Party Lighting, entwine around your tree, cluster together in a vase or simple place along your mantel or side table.
Candles are perfect for setting the mood and ambience of a room. However, for safety reasons they aren't always ideal especially when children are present. If you really wish to include candles, place them in hurricane lamps or tea light holders and place high up away from a child's reach. Our range of LED Candle Lights allows you to add that flickering, sensual feel to your interior without the risk of open flames, hot wax and smoke. Choose from either our 3 Large LED CandleLights or our Set of 2 LED Candle Tea Lights, both are rechargeable and can be used indoors and out. So if you want to take the party outside, these little gems are perfect for some outdoor illumination.
For more New Years Eve Party Lighting and Accessory inspiration check out our latest Pinterest page here.
To complete the look of your New Years Eve Party make sure you've got your party essentials ready.
New Years Eve Party Lighting and Accessory Tips
1. Make your guests aware of the party location with a banner or sign outside.
2. Whether you're hosting a dinner or a full on festive bash you should set aside some time to go through your plates, cutlery and most importantly glassware. Check for chips, scratches and cracks, tatty crockery isn't a good look if we're honest.
2. Make sure you stock up on the usual party accessories such as party poppers, crackers, silly hats and feather boas. Lighten the formal dinner party by throwing in some games too.
3. Champagne, Prosecco and other Sparkling wines are ideal to welcome in the new year. But give your guests the option to bring their own favourite tipple for the rest of the party. Remember to provide a mixing station with soft drinks, tonic, coke, lemonade and other sodas for spirit-loving guests, and don't forget lemon and lime.
4. Prepare for your guests welcoming in the New Year with kisses by filling up a bowl full of mints or chewing gum to freshen their breath.
5. When lighting your party room, try to dim the main lights as low as possible. This will give a relaxed ambience and prevent a distracting glare. You can add illumination with the use of task and table lighting or with our illuminated furniture. You should still have your Christmas tree up too, which will give some added ambience.
6. Add some festive animal motifs such as stag heads... and don't forget a clock for the all important countdown.
Wishing you all a Happy New Year from Litecraft.