Today we’re helping you create a snug Autumn Dusk inspired interior using 8 key lighting and accessory pieces. When your really think about your home, interiors and belongings, part from obvious furniture you only really need a few key items. So with this week’s how to blog we’ve picked Litecraft’s 8 key pieces to help you get your home feeling and looking cosy and warm. Scroll down for more information…
1. For most home activities you will need some sort of task lighting which basically means an illuminated fitting that gives ambience and light to a specific area. Table Lamps are ideal for task lighting, position next to your sofa or on your bedside table as a reading light. For an autumnal interior choose a soft neutral or seasonal coloured table lamp such as plum or lavender. Our new Carly Table Lamp with Flocked Damask Shade features a soft cream shade with a flocked pattern design, the shade sits on a simple slim chrome base boasting a classic silver ball feature. Our Carly Flocked range also includes a complimenting ceiling easy to fit shade and matching floor lamp. Alternatively our Damask Print Easy to Fit Cylinder Shade in Lavender will inject an autumn dusk pop of colour to your room.
2. For bedrooms a new plush duvet set will dramatically transform your room whilst creating warmth and an inviting aura. This week our newest line of Bedlinen and Soft Furnishings hit LitecraftHQ. We chose our Jenna Bedding Set in Pink for an Autumn Dusk look, featuring a warm pink shade this lighter colour is a great canvas for adding bolder coloured accessories such as scatter cushions and throws.
3. Ambient Lighting is when a fitting gives a large expanse of light to a large area. That’s why it’s key to have a large ceiling fitting in your room and what better fitting than a chandelier? Go the whole hog and choose a crystal chandelier, our Madonna Range is our most versatile collection as you are able to choose from several coloured crystals to create a multi-coloured centrepiece. Our Madonna 3 Light Dual Mount Red Crystal Chandelier would be perfect for an Autumn Dusk interior or go for smoky crystals for a moodier look. If crystals aren’t your thing, choose one of our chocolate brown fittings such as our Mya or June Fittings.
4. With the arrival of our newest Vintage Globe Bulbs and the news that our Squirrel Cage Bulbs are currently one of our best selling lines we couldn’t possibly miss these little gems off our lighting and accessory list. Without bulbs our homes would be a sea of darkness, these little pieces of magic give light, ambience and warmth so don’t forget to stock up as the evenings get darker. Our vintage industrial inspired filament bulbs are great for a warm nostalgic feel. Available in gold tint or clear, these fittings feature stunning filament detail that give off a warm glow when lit.
5. Wrap up warm with our range of cosy throws, this time of year especially we love nothing more than to snuggle up in front of the TV or reading our favourite book beside a roaring fire. Throws are a great way to keep warm during the colder months. Stack a few on a shelf in the lounge for when you have visitors or lay some at the end of your bed for extra coverage during the night. We offer a range of throws from luxurious fringed edged and velvet ruched style, we even have throws to compliment our bed linen ranges, but it’s our Micro Throw Range that is the pick of the crop for today’s feature. This range features a soft fleecy micro woven fabric that will keep you snug and warm, you can choose from a wide range of colours but we suggest picking out the softer pink, red and plum tones for an Autumn Dusk look.
6. It’s not just furniture and ceilings that need lighting, walls and art work will benefit from illumination too so create more ambience and choose wall lights. Just a simple one armed fitting will suffice, place near wall art or over the bed to act as task lighting. Our Marta 1 Light Glass Wall Light Pull Cord Switch in Chrome features a simple glass shade on a curved chrome arm finished with a single crystal-effect droplet.
7. If you have the space, more task lighting can come in the form of a sturdy Floor Lamp. Place in the corner of a room to lighten up forgotten spaces. Our Replica Circa 1949 Floor Lamp, features an Etched glass shade sat on a solid base, pair this piece with the matching Pendant Light and Table Lamp for a unified look.
8. Create layering & depth by injecting hints of Autumn colours, such as red, claret, plum & pink through the use of scatter cushions. Our Mongolian Faux Fur Cushions are the perfect cosy addition for any Autumn Inspired room.
If you are interested in any of the lights shown in this post, check out our website for..