When it comes to dressing your ski chalet chic home there’s one thing you must include and that’s lots of feathers and fur. Now, were not big fans of the real stuff but we do have a chic collection of faux fur soft furnishings. Teamed with a neutral palette of subtle shades and wood finished lighting you’ll be on the road to a ski-chalet chic décor in no time.
A true log cabin is warm enough without adding layers. But layering isn’t just about warmth. It’s about giving the look of warmth, adding a contrasting element and giving the illusion of depth. Scatter cushions and differing textiles such as feathers, fur and fleece are key fabrics when opting for a ski chalet chic look. Check out our previous post on How to get the Chalet Chic look here.
We’ve pulled together a range of ski chalet chic soft furnishing products to help you get that cosy log cabin look. We’ve also thrown in some simple ceiling lights too.
Scroll down for more product information…
Ski Chalet Chic Look : Feathers, Faux Fur and Festive Finishes
1. Wicker is a lovely finish for this time of year. Whilst ideal for a summer nautical theme, the natural colour will fit right into a ski chalet chic interior too. Our new Wicker Dome Easy to Fit Ceiling Light Shade features a nature inspired wooden dome shade crafted with woven rattan wicker. The simple easy fit element allows for a quick installation. Perfect for a quick festive update. Place with complimenting wicker furniture and cream coloured throws for a creamy woodland finish.
2 & 5. Our Fringed Throw Range is the perfect antidote for those frosty evenings when all you want to do is snuggle on your sofa. Featuring a luxurious fluffy fleece weave, the throw is finished off with a fringed edge giving a cosy textured element. This range is available in four striking colours. But we chose our Natural and Grey options for a ski chalet chic neutral palette.
3. Our Ribbon Drum Collection is a new range that arrived earlier this year. Add an air of opulence to your interiors with this classic ceiling shade. Featuring a taffeta finished drum shade. A ribbon diffuser sits inside the shade giving a soft ambience. This collection is available in a neutral palette of Mocha and Grey or for a more striking addition opt for the Black finish. Choose this range to add chicness to your ski chalet chic look.
4. Mongolian Fur has a characteristically crimped look to it, which gives it an authentic feel. Our Faux Mongolian Fur Cushion Range has all the characteristics of real Mongolian fur but without the price. Choose from three cosy colours for an extra feeling of warmth. In keeping with the ski chalet chic look we opted for the Cream style for a creamy interior.
6. There’s nothing more festive than a sprinkling of white snow greeting you on a frosty winter morning. With our festive Feather Boa String Light you can bring that festive feeling indoors. Featuring a string of fluffy feathers interwoven with a set of life long micro bulbs. Place along your mantel or sideboard, wrap along your banister or gather together inside a vase.
7. Capture the woodland feel with animal prints and motifs. Our Leopard Pattern Cushion in Brown and Natural features a snow leopard patterned faux fur cover in authentic looking whites, browns and creams. The soft texture is ideal to add warmth to your interior whilst the pattern will add depth and layering. Place with plain coloured cushions and throws to create contrast.
8. Twinkle, twinkle little star, how we wonder how beautiful you are. Well, we are a little biased when it comes to our Nicklin Star Glass Pendant Ceiling Light. What’s not to love about this charming pendant? Featuring an antique brass finish and glass shade surround, this is a little wonder that will add a festive feel to your log cabin look.