With Autumn very firmly upon us it’s time to pull out the layers and that’s not just from your wardrobe. Layering your interiors with warm fabrics and cosy throws will create an inviting ambience for guests as well as yourself. Layering is also economical as by adding a few scatter cushions and thick throws you’ll spend less money on heating. Giving the illusion of warmth is easy with the introduction of a warmer palette so choose colours such as browns, mochas, mustard and creams for lighting and soft furnishing, you can even add hints of red and plum ready for the festive season. Our snuggle and spoon collection will help you create a warmer décor for your home, we’ve covered everything from cosy bedding and chunky throws to faux fur and feathers, warm classic chandeliers to industrial light bulbs, natural wood finishes and hints of warm mustard.
Scroll down for more product information:
1. Introducing one of our newest chandeliers, our Philips myLiving Elmore 5 Light Ceiling Pendant with Shade is the epitome of autumn with a smooth chocolate brown frame entwined with slim metal branch detail, simple brown shades sit atop the frame giving a diffused ambience perfect for an autumn evening.
2. Mustard is a colour we’ll be seeing a lot more of in the coming months, it gives a pop of colour to an autumn interior without appearing too fresh and summery. Mustard yellow creates the idea of autumn, think of the crisp mustard pigment of autumn leaves falling at your feet as you walk along the pavement. Our Bamboo Easy to Fit Pendant Shade with Yellow Interior features an organic outer finish with a bold mustard yellow inner, this fitting will lighten up an autumn interior without appearing too summery. Compliment the colour inner by adding similar coloured cushions and throws.
3. Add that hint of floral with our Mya 8 Light Chocolate Pendant Ceiling Light, the soft brown curved arms and floral glass shades will give a feminine touch to any décor. Choosing a brown finish as oppose to a more harsher black will give a subtle pop of colour which is ideal for a softer autumnal décor. The fitting hangs like an upside down bouquet of flowers, making it a definite talking-point for any room.
4. Layering is key, so be sure to introduce some throws into the mix this autumn. Our Fringed Throw range is a snug and cosy option featuring a soft fleece polyester weave with a shaggy settled fringed edge. Choose from four colourings but we suggest the Fringed Throw Natural for an autumnal look. Throws are great for propping over a sofa ready to be wrapped around yourself or a guest, or lay at the foot of a bed for extra coverage during the long cold nights.
5. For a deep autumnal layer choose brown soft furnishings, our Micro Throw range gives a bolder flash of colour and comes in an array of options from neutral ivory and mochas to bold pinks, purples and reds. We’ve chosen our Micro Throw in Chocolate for our snuggle and spoon feature which we think gives off a warm vibe and compliments our Mya and Elmore fittings perfectly.
6. To bring some autumnal notes into the bedroom we have the Sherringham duvet set. This collection will be available in the coming weeks and features a pin-tuck design of chocolate, mocha and coffee coloured panels, each separated with a faux silk ribbon design. The different coloured panels help create depth and contrast whilst the brown palette creates warmth.
7. Whilst usually associated with a more industrial or vintage home, our Squirrel Cage Bulbs wouldn’t look out of place set amongst an autumnal snug area. The gold in particular gives a warm glow and whether dangled individually or as a cluster pendant, these little gems will add warmth as well as character.
8. An autumn interior wouldn’t be complete without some snug-gable faux fur. Our Leopard Pattern Cushion in Brown and Natural gives a touch of luxury with a natural edge for a cosy autumnal look. Featuring a soft leopard print design in a faux fur finish the fur aspect will add a warmth note to your interior.
9. To compliment our Elmore Chandelier we’ve included the ranges matching wall light, the Philips myLiving Elmore Shaded Wall Light. Again a soft chocolate brown arm entwined with curved detail showcases a subtle chocolate shade that diffuses light, giving a cosy and homely ambience to a room.
10. A glittering of festive feathers across a bedpost of mantel will add to the cosy feel and is great for a layering an autumnal interior. Our White Feather Boa String Light is perfect for wrapping around bedposts and bannisters or placed in a vase for a neat look, our feather boa boasts entwined micro bulbs that give a soft glow beneath the dainty feathers.