Dad’s aren’t the easiest people to buy for, being so laid-back they usually don’t ask for much, but do you really want to buy the same socks and aftershave every year? We’re making this Fathers Day a little easier for you by pulling together some traditional and tasteful Fathers Day lighting and gifts.
If your dad’s a bookworm and spends most of his time buried in a novel or an encyclopaedia in his private den or reading nook then think about some new lighting or reading accessories. Desk and task lamps with angled shades are crucial for a safe and healthy study environment. For dads with a more traditional taste and less of a gadget geek choose antique gifts that offer a more nostalgic feeling.
Brass and bronze finishes provoke a warm feeling when placed in the home. Team with warm brown and tan leather to accentuate this feeling. A calm and tranquil study environment isn’t just about lighting, create a productive environment by introducing storage, calming colours and the right furniture. Take a look at this week’s look book for some traditional study style lighting and accessories.
Traditional Fathers Day Lighting
1. Our Ripley Semi Flush Ceiling Light boasts a classic Antique Brass finish, 3 shaded candelabra style arms create a soft diffused glow. The semi-flush design is ideal for a study area as it gives just enough light to the room without overwhelming the space.
2. We’ve paired this with our Antique Brass Hobby Desk Task Lamp for a hint of Heritage. This is a very masculine style, perfect for your Fathers den. A dual angle arm mechanism allows the lamp to be positioned to suit your dads needs. Giving a strong focused light onto the chosen surface.
3. Keep forgotten corners illuminated whilst also producing a practical ambience with our Mother and Child Floor Lamp. This lamp features two lamp fittings, an uplighter dome shade with opal glass diffuser that shines light up walls and ceilings. A mid-point flexi light acts as a reading light with a flexible arm to direct the light where needed. Making this an ideal light for reading and studying.
4. To prevent those minds from wondering and losing track of time, treat your old man to a new clock. Our Channelle Square Clock features a masculine brown leather front on a polished nickel place. A small handle allows for a quick and easy positioning.
5. Inspired by the style of the iconic Banker ’emeralite’ lamp, our Checkers Green Bankers Task Lamp features a brass finished base and green glass shade. The look ans style of this lamp adds a decorative touch as as well as a practical edge. Originally designed for clerks and bookkeepers, the style of the lamp created a bright light that could be directed and positioned by hand. Our Checker lamp keeps nostalgia alive with it’s brass finish and classic ridged base design.
6. Treat your dad to some vintage flare with our nostalgic Pelvoux 1 Light Studio Task Lamp. This stunning antique brass lamp features a versatile swivel and pivot design. This is a sturdy piece that will add a classic touch to your dads study or private quarters.
7. For extra Fathers Day lighting, recessed down-lighters are a must. These discreet little gems will add that extra needed illumination without taking up too much room. You can install them pretty much anywhere you need added illumination. Our Spiral Antique Nickel Recessed Downlights add a classier touch with a decorative spiral ribbed design.
8. Picture lights are a great way of accentuating wall art and photographs as well as adding a sophisticated touch. Our Philips Langston Picture Wall Light is finished in a rich bronze, making it the perfect choice for your fathers quarters. The wide shade boasts a uniformed glow to give your wall features that needed illumination. Place above shelves to accentuate storage and for a practical illumination.
For more Traditional Fathers Day Lighting and gift inspiration check out our Fathers Day Traditional Tastes Pinterest board.